Promoting Global Awareness
At Saint Mary’s, there's lots of ways to get involved. In fact, you may want to consider volunteering for Students Acting for Global Awareness (SAGA), a group of international and Canadian students who organize on- and off-campus events that promote awareness of the different cultures represented at Saint Mary's University.
These events include:
- International Night
- Casino Night
- Multicultural Arts Expose
- Game nights
- Movies nights
- Halloween events
Why Get Involved?
As a volunteer, you’ll help increase global awareness by creating social activities that include all students and help Canadian and international students get to know each other, all while learning valuable new skills.
We need volunteers who:
- Enjoy working with a team
- Have cross-cultural sensitivity
- Want to help others
- Have completed at least one academic year at Saint Mary's University
- Are willing to attend a volunteer training camp in September, plus all other mandatory training sessions
- Are available Fridays from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
How to become a SAGA Volunteer:
First, see if you meet the requirements:
- Willingness to work as a team member
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- A strong desire to help others
- Must have completed at least one academic year at Saint Mary's University
- Must attend a Volunteer Training Session in April, the SMU Pack Leader Camp in August and the SAGA event Planning Camp in September
- Must attend all other mandatory training sessions
- Must be available Fridays from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Click Here to apply to become a SAGA Volunteer. Application deadline: Thursday, March 12th.